Wednesday 12 April 2017

Payless...Sale????????
















On my way to work the other day, I heard over the radio the sad news of Payless Shoes Source filing for bankruptcy.
Being the concerned supporter of Payless Shoe Source
I had to get to the bottom of this…
So I made a bee-line to the ATM.
Four random letters on repeat in my head as I stood in the line
S- A- L -E, S -A -L -E, S -A -L-E!

Like a child waiting to open her gift on Christmas day
I pushed open Payless door only to hear silence and see random people here and there between lanes.
This is a clear indication that something is not right!
You all know how it goes when there is sale
People does walk with their clan-is mama, papa, aunty, tanty, cousin-sister-friend- neighbour.
Despite no Sale signs, I there convincing myself I am early for the sale
People ain’t know yet!

So I start scanning my lane…
There stood boxes and boxes of shoes
No lowered prices!
Limited red tags!

My poor brain now start to accept what really going on!
No sale?
How?
Why?
What?

Trinidad and Tobago in recession...
Yet, we still managed to support a failing business enough for T&T branches to remain open
You mean to tell me Payless couldn’t show some appreciation with a sale?
Come nah man
Time to bring on that S A L E


2 comments:

  1. lol....I got so excited as well was looking to run een....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha....this was just hilarious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete