Saturday 11 February 2017

An Open Letter To Machel Montano








Dear MM, Monk Monte, Soca King, Boy Boy

I  was not going to write this letter but today I have been on edge- checking my YouTube notifications anxiously awaiting your release. I am deeply concerned.


I have been listening to various radio stations that are talking about this big Monster Hit that is supposed to drop. At first , I was extremely concerned and wondered if  you are taking the role as an "Ambassador  of Soca" too seriously that you went strictly with Trinbagonian time a.k.a (hours late).But this is not even Trini time.


All I have to say is ............

You see how you #stinkanddutty?
 It's been a day after you, Mr. Monte, promised us a Soca song that you are "claiming as Roadmarch"....
 Well #it'syourtimenow ...where is the Road March?

As most fans know you drop at least two songs for Road March. Both of which usually compete with each other, and if you feel extra charitable that year, you allow them to compete with other artistes.


While  we do appreciate Your Time Now ...Where is our  other song?

Is it just Lip Service?
One does not make such a big claim and walk away.



We waiting ...

until then we will be jammin still to Your Time Now

Signed

Ridiculously anxious fan



It's a few weeks now before carnival. Do you think that Machel's hit has enough time to pick up momentum and surpass Full Extreme by Ultimate Rejects or, do you consider Machel's premature claim of Road March Title  2017 Ridiculous?


Let's rate this..we using the Scale of Ridiculousness to comment

Scale 1-6

1- Least Ridiculous   6- Most Ridiculous





I give it a 1 on the ridiculous scale ( we never know- it's Machel people! he could do it )






12 comments:

  1. He could do it we can deny he ridiculously talented 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Monk Monte but.....he have wondering....he say doh fraid dem....but is he running for hus life??? 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have full faith in Machel but Ultimate rejects song is on the lips of every man woman and child

    ReplyDelete
  4. While Machel has been known for his artistry, I think this year is not his year, but as for me, #ijammingstill lol.
    He could get a 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sherryann... I love Machel but not impressed 😌

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post comes straight from your heart.....but I rate it 4! Your love a little late and jamming still became a national anthem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. I have come to appreciate jamming still but I'm still thinking that people may just want to beat the road

      Delete